play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Comprehensive Vanilla Farming Guide

griffr311

2021 Gold Founder
2022 Gold Founder
Vanilla Farming Efficiency Tips

Farming Patterns
Dirt crops (HQW, Heroin, Opium and PCP) require a minimum light level of 9 in order to grow or be planted. If a section of tilled dirt is not letting you place crops, it likely is not lit up enough.

As well, dirt crops need a source of water nearby the crop in order to grow. Common practice is to place long rows of crops next to long rows of water, as is shown here:
aZ9sGZRfPUFhejVPSLGfWtRT5DN_Xq6EqDSBHPTSHMViV0wZ8_UG8XMx4u-Hql2FYbCgo7-jnbSZq6xY9-L_7c91o2PgCyoCOh4WVqXB6YQSkNlQLUiCZvLBi2_2hJZhuraOmvcfvrp14A

The above design is inefficient due to the ratio of water source blocks to tilled dirt blocks. Surprisingly, a single source block can hydrate up to 80 nearby tilled dirt blocks, if arranged in this pattern:
OsA6wNyXTOEHFue3QJ1_JWYr-TI3TYhsC3r-NsMGYt_DYDlwKlKFi5n75lCEERZy_tOYUjY7iSYAc-kvdsubhkmYUeAWVPsA5xL9JB9W38U4Z92dBhgCFIZSp0wsTw5Uo1rEZsYepKyQTA

If you are choosing to make a larger farm with the dimensions outlined above, then you would only need four total water source blocks to hydrate a 320-block 18x18 farm.
-------
If you are planning to try your hand at farming cocaine, you might also stumble down the same road of inefficiency as before.
The examples below are some 7x7 cocaine planter layouts that are common, but not efficient due to their water placement (green tiles represent planters):
r6J8s6wkZtlvnPoaIvoT8-w-LYE7Zn6kpt_262D6oiBJudQVILxwMO5AK4cqU7INyvd4_8OCrxXNSWKhwnar5ejRZKs8F8liFeAHeSF6AFoyLjecr5lKDCIqwtE5QVkhz73eXqx7twq8fA

aX5tbJY-PnBPKA9QV7WV6iLMJ9PND3SyGs2-sX5kDY8dfbUeK8Fpp4tgvL9xmojhbQItn6fCodzzMTe844ZhdZgAbbhpZGco1FjCpOs5GEreU67FrBAC4teSeIVAADdIq9uTuQZHQ_ZJmA

The problem with these designs is that they don't make enough use of the water source blocks with reference to the area. The bottom design appropriately connects up to four sand blocks per water source, however this is nulled by other water source blocks hydrating the same sand block. A more efficient design utilizes one source block to hydrate each sand block, with one source block serving four sand blocks:
v6wPPuzq7t9sxir8px9sq0OehD1AgRv7Rsvs48QIiSisEhWq2VNB-Hh6KoZlEhMEkCXXDzd0pTsAhcObJuv0x29Q--pkqVQ4wv0lvGxOrb9iePX6Xh-ff0yiV-ki7cw9UDp36T7iqzdgiw

There is no overlay of water with this design, leading to more planters per region than other designs.
-------
Tobacco is grown on jungle logs, and does not require light or hydration. The most common designs for tobacco farms follow wall designs, where the planters are similar to the above cocaine farm examples. Laying your jungle logs in pillars at the placement of the water source blocks in the "most efficient" cocaine example and planting tobacco on all four sides will allow you to farm more of it.
-------
Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I get double drops on my drugs? - For most of your MCD experience, it is usually best to purchase the temporary "double drops / autoreplant" perk from either the vote shop or other players. However, through farming enough, you will eventually level up your MCMMO Herbalism Attribute. Once this level reaches 1000, there is a 100% chance of double drops (0.1% per level). MCMMO Herbalism cannot grant autoreplants, and you will still have to purchase the perk or obtain a specialized tool.

How do I claim my farm? - You are unable to claim your farm in the manual farm world, as there are no factions there, but you are able to claim it in the auto farm world. I would caution you from claiming your farm until you either have significant faction power, or significant resources to protect your farm, as claiming a few chunks of your unprotected farm is like announcing to the server that there is a pile of treasure underground. However, it is your prerogative.

What world should I grow in? - It is strongly recommended that you grow in either of the farm worlds, as they have increased growth rates for many of the farmable drugs on the server. The wild world is excellent for storing items and farming manufactured drug precursors like vines.

What drug will make me the most money? - Most of the farmable drugs are not huge money makers unless sold in massive amounts (dozens of double chests). That said, pick a farmable drug with guaranteed high yields (such as cocaine with a 1:1 yield), and focus most of your energy into that drug. If you are keeping a manual farm going and moving into manufactured drugs, the best with least time/effort (as of 01/24/21) is cigars, which only requires Fire-Cured (smelted) tobacco and Rolling Papers (three stacks of LSD).

What do I do if my farm is x-rayed? - Don't panic! Simply create a ticket using /t create <message>, which lists the farm's home, as well as the x-ray damage done. An admin will look it over and (if it was x-rayed) it will be restored.

How do I get more planters? - Planters can be obtained mostly by farming more drugs, however there are plenty of active players who are willing to sell you (and sometimes give you) bulk quantities of drug planters. If you are willing to spend a vote token, buy some advert credits in the vote shop and use /advert to tell the whole server that you are buying drug planters.

My crops aren't coming back as drugs, but just as normal Minecraft plants? - Don't worry, this isn't a glitch. The server does not have a custom crop naming/lore system, and as a result, your drugs will come back as Minecraft plants. For more information on which farmables are which, use /drugnames.

Thanks to Cyanide for indirectly pointing out how wordy and unnecessary the first post was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.