play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

How to PvP effectively (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

VIP
MVP+
Hey MCdrugs! I noticed Hrby's PvP guide was a bit out of date and decided to update it for this current server! so credit to Hrby for his original (but needed updated) PvP guide.

-Why you should read this thread-
This thread's purpose is to provide you with the knowledge necessary to, at the very least, not die within 30 seconds of PVP. It is critical that you read and understand this if you are relatively new to 1.9 PVP, or PVP on this server.

To teach you how to PVP effectively, I'll address some FAQs. Through these questions, you should gain an understanding of how to PVP here on MCDrugs.

-FAQ-
  • I've been spam clicking this naked guy for five minutes with a diamond sword, why isn't he dead yet?
It is critical in 1.9 PVP to time your attacks (two hits per second with a sword, one with an axe). If you spam click in 1.9 PVP, you're gonna have a bad time and do close to no damage.
  • Why isn't the person I'm fighting dead yet? I've hit them like 50 times and they're eating golden apples, not god apples WTF?
They aren't dead because in 1.9 PVP, golden apples can be eaten to restore a large portion of health very quickly
  • Their armor has to be broken by now, I've been fighting them for over 10 minutes!
The "Mending" enchantment on armor in 1.9 allows you and your opponent to throw EXP Bottles on the ground to repair your armor during PVP.
  • Where do I get EXP bottles?!?!
EXP bottles can only be obtained from playershops as well as voter crates and rankup crates.
  • Is there OP armor easily obtainable on MCDrugs like on the other PVP servers I play on?
No, it isn't easily obtainable. While there is armor that is higher than P4, it is very difficult to obtain. P5 can be obtained by using a Prestige Crate key, only obtainable via prestiging from the Rasta rank to the next set of ranks. You can also buy P5 sets, which are commonly sold from player to player for varying prices, usually around 350k per piece of prot 5. P6 is the most valuable item on MCDrugs, with a single piece valued over 15,000,000 each. Currently, there are only a few existing P6 pieces of armor on the server. You don't need to worry about fighting people in P6.
  • What is the best gun to use in PVP? Does it do good damage?
The best gun on the server currently would be a Heat wave, as its known to be the fastest shredder against armor, although this gun is very rare and costly. For a regular player, it would be better using a strong bow.
  • Shields are an awesome feature of 1.9 PVP that surely I should use, right?!?!
No. Shields are shit.
  • What is the best way to kill someone in 1.9 PVP?
Break their armor, then break them.
  • What is the best way to break someone's armor in 1.9 PVP?
To break their armor, assuming they know how to PVP in 1.9, you will have to drain them of their EXP bottles. Their are two ways to do this, the gun method or the sword/axe method.
1.) The gun method simply involves shooting them enough so that they have to mend until they are out of EXP bottles while keeping them at a safe distance from you.
2.) The sword/axe method is better, because you don't have to buy as much ammo. For this method you just hit them each time the attack cooldown runs out until they break their armor. you should be using the mcmmo tool whenever its off cooldown by right clicking and hiting another player. this activates a bleed for an amount of time against player(s) in an area meaning extra damage. axes break armor better than swords, but their mcmmo isn't is as good as swords as well as extended hit cooldowns.
  • What are some common things I'll go against in PVP, and how can I counter them?
1.) Heat Wave: The heat wave is a rare item you'll go against in PVP, but it's deadly. Simply drink a fire resistance potion to avoid the HP damage it does to you, but this won't stop the Heat Wave from shredding your Armor's HP. Be sure to mend while you're being hit with the Heat Wave so that your armor stays at high HP.
2.) A bow: If someone has a bow, they might be using arrows to give you debuffs such as slowness and they might have a high bow MCMMO level as well meaning they will do a lot of damage if you let them hit you too many times. Take cover from them if possible or strafe them out to dodge their arrows while getting in closer to them.

3.) P5 armor: To tell if someone is in P5, you will notice them mending / eating golden apples less frequently than people in P4. This doesn't really affect how you will fight them, but just be aware that you will have to fight them for a longer period of time to get through their EXP bottles.

4.) Custom Weapons: There are many unique weapons on MCDrugs. If you are getting hit with something that is doing you too much damage, you might just want to bail. Keep some Ender Pearls in your inventory in case you find yourself out-geared. Be cautious though, as most PVPers will carry Ender Pearls. There are some instances in which escape will be impossible, even with Ender Pearls. Choose your fights wisely, and know when you've been outmatched.

• I can tell that they are close to dying; what is the best way to finish them off?
If they have pieces of their armor broken, they will begin eating golden apples alot more frequently and likely try to run if given the opportunity. try to start critical hitting them by hitting them on the way down from a jump in the air, it gives extra damage and gives a different animation from the regular hit so you know if you're doing it right.
Helpful tips
1.) For the most part, whoever can keep their armor repaired for the longest time will win. However, don't take this to mean that repairing your armor is the most important aspect of 1.9 PVP. If you're just tanking hits nonstop, eating golden apples, and throwing EXP bottles,u will find yourself dead in a less than 30 minutes. You have to actually hit them. You need to be on offense more than on defense.
2.) Your inventory should be full when you go into PVP. golden apples, EXP bottles, potions, and ammo should just about fill your inventory.
3.) Know your limits. 4 people critting you out while you can only manage to mend and eat golden apples is a clear sign of a soon to be loss.
Example of a good PvPers inventory:
GRFji

good pvp tips:

there are 2 methods to use, one is the combo method and the second is the crit method.
combo method: staying on the ground always, hitting the player then as they are in the air hitting them again. strafing while doing this will let you dominate against the enemy.
crit method: when you jump, on the way down if you hit someone you will crit them and create an animation of doing so with particles. it deals extra damage when you crit someone, so critting someone when they are eating golden apples or mending is basically free extra damage to put into them.
Ways to get cheap but strong gear:
you can enchant prot 4 in a regular enchanting table as well as unbreaking 3, making prot 4 sets strong but easy to get.They sell for 10k per set normally.

mending is also VERY MUCH NEEDED in 1.9 pvp so you can fix your armor while in fights with exp bottles. you can find mending books in playershops and from villagers.

and you can get exp bottles from rankup crates,voter crates, and playershops.

a good sword to get would be:
sharpness 5
sweeping edge 3
fire aspect 2
and thats it. knockback ruins combos so dont put that shit on there. anything else put on a PvP sword isnt needed for pvp. you can buy swords like this on the market pretty easily. price varies.

a good bow:tier 3 bows get sold on the market frequently, and are the best bows to have besides the prestige bows that sell for around 80k each.

golden apples/enderpearls
you can craft golden apples, and they sell in the playershops all the time. enderpearls can be grinded out in the end or bought from playershops as well for relatively low prices.

Potions
You can brew stuff with a kit chemist or buy potions like speed, fire resistance, and strength in playershops, an invis might come in handy too depending on the situation

hope this guide helps out! big thanks to hrby!

Last edited:

Turmp

MVP+
I have one tip.

1. Wurst, Huzuni, any other hacked client.

When you get banned don't yell at me.

_Dest

Mod
Staff member
hey hey hey be nice. I only carry 4 stacks of xp bottles.

I just realized sky doesn't have strength in his inventory EleGiggle
Lets see your loadout mate, I hope it's 20x better than sky's loadout

kadewyd

Could somebody explain the EXP bottle thing more in depth? What do they have anything to do with PVP? Anybody who's known me knows that I am absolutely garbage at PvP but I would like to be more informed

_Dest

Mod
Staff member
Could somebody explain the EXP bottle thing more in depth? What do they have anything to do with PVP? Anybody who's known me knows that I am absolutely garbage at PvP but I would like to be more informed
With the enchantment "mending" when you collect XP it'll automatically repair your items for you without having to use an anvil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.